Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm mommy

There's been a flurry of activity here since Thursday night when my daughter, J, called me with some scary health news that I won't go into here so as not to embarrass her. Anyway, the scare seems to be simply that, and things are okay, and she wants her mommy.

And I need to hug my daughter, so with the help of extremely low last-minute airfare from one of the upstart airlines, I now need to pack my bags so I can catch a flight to Orlando. Eight days in Florida. What have I been whining about for months? Florida. And I'm going there today.

Medical miracles, airline miracles, and the miracle of the internets. Pretty decent life we have here.

Not to mention the incredible principal I have who told me to "Go. She needs you." I'll be working all summer, but who cares?

6 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Funny thing about that Mommy deal, we never seem to stop doing that.

Trillian said...

{{{J}}}
{{{Rita}}}
glad it's just a scare, whatever it was.

Debbie T said...

YEA!!! I am so glad things worked out well..enjoy your time with J in Florida!!

rita said...

Once a mommy, always a mommy!

I'll give more details later; breast cancer scare, should be benign.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Betty said...

I'm really glad that you could go to Florida to be with J and family and that the prognosis is good. Enjoy your time there and give everyone a hug for me.

Zippy was gone when I got home late this afternoon, so I am assuming that Tom picked him up!
I enjoyed spending time with Zip.

Debbie T said...

Hope all is going well and you're enjoying the sunshine along with the family!!!! :=)