Friday, November 16, 2007

Back to knitting and yarn

A couple of knitting-related items:

I'm knitting a hat for a co-worker's baby, his first. He's taught English here for the last couple of years, and it turned out that he taught my youngest niece in college, too. His baby shower is Monday, so I started the hat a couple of days ago and am almost finished.

I'm making it of Claudia's sport-weight yarn, Santa Fe colorway, and I am just thrilled with the yarn and the colors. It's tightly twisted and has such a nice feel to it. The colors are blending so beautifully that I want to make a top or sweater for myself of the same yarn.







Second, here's a photo of the last bag 'o' yarn from work, with Chester the Cat for size comparison. I'm up to over $6300 retail that's been given to me in just a few months.



I love that job.

(Except that I finished my dye-room clean up early yesterday and there was nothing else for me to do, so I ended up vacuuming the office, which contains a huge bird cage for a huge bird, and now I'm stuffy. I'm allergic to birds.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is some beautiful yarn. I'd totally wear a hat that looked like that!

~Tonia~ said...

Love the way the colors are coming out on the hat.

WOW look at all that yarn.

rita said...

Bismuth!!! Long time no see! How are you?

The hat is so gorgeous. I finished it last night at a Tony Furtado show (he has such a great voice!). It's waaaayyy too big for a newborn; it'll fit a 2-3 year old easily. So I started a second hat and got maybe 3" knit during the show.

Tonia, one of these days I'll photograph all the yarn. It's an incredible amount; it's easily more than all I EVER bought. And it was free and incredible!

I am really fortunate.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't make myself heard too often, but I do keep track of the MOATies who update their blogs. Even if I don't return the favor...

rita said...

Well, I'm so glad to hear from you. How's Erin?

Work has been busier this year, and the second job cuts into blog time, so I'm not keeping up well.

Anonymous said...

Erin is doing well. She's almost done with her second semester of classes in her Library Science program.

By the way, I gave an answer to the question you asked on my blog. I don't know if it's the right answer, but it is an answer.