Monday, May 14, 2007

Since we don't yet have season 4 of 24, I took a few minutes to take pictures of some knitting.

First, the pink baby socks.







The second picture shows the color better. I liked knitting these tiny socks; the lace pattern was easy enough for my brain to work, the yarn is so soft and cuddly (KnitPicks superwash sock yarn, very inexpensive), and they were so quick to knit.

Next, the citrus-y top that I'm making:







I love the colors in this thing. I'm just hoping that it fits without having to rip it all out and start over again. I didn't try to measure it before I started the second round of sections because they're connected by just two strands of yarn and they twist every time I touch them, so right now I'm going on hope and faith alone. The yarn is Lang Yarns Trinidad, 60% cotton/40% acrylic. There are about 100 yards per ball, and I bought 12, so I think I'll have enough. It took only one ball to make the bottom 8 sections, so I've got my fingers crossed. It's really hard to knit that way.

Here's a (bad) photo of the pattern that I'm using; I couldn't take a clear picture to save my life.



I'm not using the fancy yarns that were used in the sample; for some reason wearing fuzzy stuff in the summer just isn't that appealing. In the winter either, for that matter.

Still no progress on the blocking front. I really want to wear that top, but that means dragging out the iron and ironing board, and how I hate those things.

9 comments:

Trillian said...

that citrus yarn look really cool, and it looks really neat in that pattern. i shy away from anything that requires making stitches along the side of a piece, so I'm really impressed.

rita said...

Thanks, trillian! I'm just starting to feel confident enough to try something like this, but I've ripped out over and over and over, tried 4 needle sizes, and even thought this time the gauge was perfect, now it's stil 4" too big.

I'll try it once again in a smaller size (on the pattern) and then I think I'll just give up. Trouble is, this pattern is what this yarn needs. It can't be just a plain old stockinette stitch.

Any suggestions as to a pattern for a t-top type top?

Trillian said...

I actually tried to knit a tank top once. it was a fairly easy pattern, but i made a bad choice of yarn and it turned out to small so i never finished it. If i remember to get batteries for my camera, I'll post a pic of it tonight.

Trillian said...

I can't find it! here's the pattern though: Shapely Tank Top

i've posted a few of my failed knitting projects on my blog.

rita said...

I printed that pattern a couple of years ago but never made it. Since I'll never find it again, I reprinted it. Thanks for reminding me of it.

I need a pattern that will show off the colors in this yarn, and the little triangles are perfect. I swatched again last night using size M instead of L and it was so tiny it would make a nice bikini for a Yorkie.

~Tonia~ said...

The socks are very cute.

Wow that top is going to be pretty. I love the colors. I think they need to use yours for the photo instead of the yarn that they used. Their picture reminds me of a shaggy dog or something.

rita said...

Thanks, Tonia. I love the colors too; they're so summery. I don't like the fuzzy yarn in the pattern photo either; I can't imagine how it would feel, plus it looks funny.

I've seen a couple of other patterns that I like with that yarn; one is Art Yarns P90, and one is Diamond something from Just One More Row, I think. I just hate to spend $6 for a pattern if I don't know really what it looks like. A small picture just doesn't show enough.

Trillian said...

This one?

rita said...

Yes! That's one that I like. I ordered it and about 6 others last week. One is the P90, and it hasn't come yet. I'm still trying the Citrus, though, since my friend who works at a yarn shop said that the weight should pull the length a bit and it shouldn't be so wide.