Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update, Citrus-wise

1. One of the cats knocked a seedling lemon tree off the porch rail then totally uprooted it. I bet the lemon attacked him first. No, he was trying to get to the hummingbirds feeding on the nasturtiums and the sugar-water feeder. That's why I put a dozen pots of tiny seedling citrus trees on the rail underneath it.

2. I swear I had gauge on that stupid Citrus top. It was perfect. Until I finished about 14 of the units and measured it, when I discovered that it was 50 " around. Now, my butt is big, but it's not THAT big. So back to the drawing board. I swatched it four more times and finally got it on (naturally) the last one. If it doesn't work this time, I'm going to frog it and toss the yarn back into my stash to await a pattern that is less dependent on individual units that are then knit together.

3. There is no 3. There was, but I forgot what it is.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Dang cat.

Sorry that the Citrus top was too big. I hope that it works for you this time. It is quite lovely.

rita said...

If the cats aren't killing squirrels, they're killing birds or chipmunks. I know it's their nature, but still......

Citrus is on hold while I make a pair of knee socks for my husband's niece. They need to be finished by Sunday (it's not like I wait till the last minute or anything), but I caught a good break today. I was giving online tests for 6 hours and got a lot of knitting done.