Friday, October 17, 2008

Deedee, HELP!

*sigh*

Yesterday was sort of a catch-up day here at work. It was parent-teacher conference day, so the teachers didn't come in till 11:30. The morning was nice and quiet, but....

*sigh*

The copying was going alone fine, if a bit slow. I don't know if the overused copier is worn out from constant use or what the problem is, but it was copying. Until....... this happened.


The page on the right is the way it's supposed to be. But when I hit the "interrupt" button for a quick job needed right away, the.. the... thing on the left came out. Totally black. Tried again. Happened again. Took it off interrupt and it worked fine.

Later, I tried an interrupt job again. The same thing happened. Back to regular jobs and it copied the way it's supposed to.

Until. The regular jobs started spitting out totally black copies. Over and over and over.

I cancelled the thirty-some jobs that were pending. Really I just deleted a few, figured it was all a mess anyway, and turned the copier off, then unplugged it. I waited a good minute then plugged it back in and turned it on. It worked fine.

I still called Mr. Tech Guy who hasn't been by to see the deceased copier in over two weeks. I was told he'd call back within an hour to make an appointment to come by. He usually calls within a few minutes, but it's 22 hours since then and he still hasn't called.

I think he's avoiding me.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I think I need to kick his butt for you!... The people we have for our machines are here on the same day of the call, I would call and file a complaint because that is not good service!!!

Courtney said...

Time for a new tech guy

Trillian said...

obviously working copier is depressed about the status of the non-working copier. it's printing out copies of the darkness in its soul.

Debbie T said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry I didn't see your post Rita!!! The weekend was anxious with hopes of my new grandson arriving...contractions taking my daughter's breath away..then they stopped. Ugh. Yesterday, a family tragedy....I may post about it, but if not, I'll explain later.
I'm assuming the tech has arrived by now? Is this IKON? If so, it's not his fault. Sounds like Service failed to contact him, in which case, his boss needs to know about it!

Debbie T said...

Oh duh, you said Xerox...that one I can't explain, but I think their techs work the same way we did at IKON.