Friday, September 19, 2008

Seems I touched a nerve

with my post about dentists!

The good news is that nothing hurt. The bad news is, we could spend a few weeks in Europe on what my repairs will cost.

On Wednesday I'm having four old fillings replaced (because they're cracking my teeth) and prep for a crown. Lord. I hate having my tooth shaved down like that. I'll be taking xanax. My insurance (mostly worthless) will pay about half of the cost for those items.

THEN I'll have to have a crown and bridge. No insurance on that (geez, the stinking insurance only pays up to $1000 a year, and this will be $3100; we figured why pay $600 and have it save us each $1000?). But at least I'll be able to chew on that side again.

I was in that office for 3.5 hours. I had to take half a day of sick leave for that. Another 3 hours next week. A full day the first of October when I go to my retinologist. A couple of hours each for two doctor appointments in November.

All in all, I'd rather go to Florida.

1 comment:

Jenny Girl said...

I am sorry to read about your dental troubles. Xanax would defintely help I think. Hang in there :)