Friday, November 02, 2007

Thinking hurts

I'm trying to figure out a way to show the colors of the immense amount of yarn I've accumulated in the last couple of months. It's tedious to take photos and upload them, with the tons of yarn that I have. I went to the website of She For Whom I Work (SFWIW), hoping to find good photos of colorways there, but the photos are flat and lifeless and don't give true colors. I hope that the shops that sell her yarn have better photos.

So I guess if I want to show this yarn, I'll just have to suck it up and take the time to organize it, photograph it, and blog it. It's too pretty to keep it to myself; I have to show it off.

Also I'd like to have some contests to give away some of this bonanza. I've been giving some away at work. Yes, it hurts every time I give away a hank of it, but I've been so blessed with this gorgeous stuff that I want to share it with others who love soft, colorful yarn as much as I do.

My co-worker/boss keeps telling me I should sell it, but since it was free, I don't feel like I can sell it. But if I could, I'd make a fortune.

Maybe I should rethink my options here.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Why can't you sell it? You have worked for it. I am sure you aren't getting paid tons of money so the "free" yarn just fills in for it. Put it up on ebay and I am sure you can make some good money from it.

Of course a contest would be nice too. ;)

rita said...

I hadn't looked at it that way. I'm thinking that I shouldn't sell what was put in the trash, since it doesn't represent what she wants out there, but I guess that I could put some of the good stuff on ebay......

Thank you! I love your way of thinking, and I think I will sell some!