Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More yarn

Ahhhh, the benefits of working for a yarn dyer! I think I've touched on this before.....

Yesterday, in the trash box, was more yarn that was being thrown away. Not just given away, but thrown away. Huh??? It'll take a more intense scrutiny for me to see any faults. Okay, I know why she threw away the linen; it's 4-ply but two of the plies are very thin. I guess that it wouldn't knit to gauge, but there are ways to get around that. I counted the skeins of linen and there were at least 10, but at 270 yards per skein, that's enough to make a couple of nice tops.

There were also 4 hanks of fingering yarn, dyed in shades of brown and green. There are close to 2000 yards in each hank! I haven't taken photos of these yet, or most of the rest of the yarn I've acquired free, but maybe sometime I'll get motivated.

I did take photos of two of the yarns I got last week, along with a scarf that I knit last week from free yarn.

The first two are large boucle; the scarf is small boucle. It's so soft and squishy!



1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Lovely yarn. You could use some of that yarn to do something like I mentioned on your post about Grace.