Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Oh yeah

Now I remember.

It's been 5 months since I dyed my hair last. Actually, I had it done in Ft. Lauderdale and paid much more than I usually would for something like that. So many hairstylists have ruined my hair color that for a long time I've done it myself, figuring that if it's going to be a mess, I might as well pay $8 instead of $40 (or, last time, $65).

The last one was worth it, though. My hair didn't end up brassy, and the color did pretty well for 5 months. It bleached out in the sun, but it still didn't get all red and nasty.

But, back to the real world. After 5 months it really needed some help. Two inches of roots that aren't the same color as the rest; just not that pretty. So, since school pictures will be taken tomorrow, I decided to bite the bullet and color it myself yesterday.

I waited till yesterday because I didn't want it to lighten in the sun over the long weekend. But oh, how I wish I had a week in the sun before those photos tomorrow.

I followed the directions--put on the roots first, then all over for the last 5 minutes. I timed it. I did not do a strand test; I know what my hair will do. All too well.

It still shocks me when I look in the mirror. The roots are a dark reddish-brown; the rest is black cherry. I was aiming for a medium-to-dark brown. I missed.

I love black cherry. Just not at school-picture time. I've dyed my hair red before, but most of the time it was on purpose.



For a fuzzy, more realistic look at the color:


*Sigh*

And my hair used to be much thicker on top.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Well crap. I hope that your pictures turn out better that you are expecting.

rita said...

Ha--I "forgot" to have them taken! I'll try to remember on make-up day!