Monday, September 10, 2007

Finally, some knitting content

I have been knitting, although not nearly as much as I'd like. Having a second job really cuts into that knitting-in-the-car-while-waiting-for-Tom (which I enjoyed; I couldn't do anything else, so I'd knit and listen to Dr. Laura on XM), and we get home later so I'm usually too tired to knit at night.

I knit these socks from some yarn I bought in June from etsy.com. I knit them while I was in Florida, not bad while I was visiting my grandkids! Next time I'll make them a little bigger; I usually use 64 stitches for my socks, but I think I need to go up to 72, because with these--and others--the ribs stretch more than I like. It's only taken me what, three years of sock knitting to figure this out?


I bought this yarn from vieuxrouet at etsy. It's called Strawberry Fields and is 440 yards of soft fingering weight yarn, 75% superwash wool, 25% Nylon. This is what it looked like after it was dyed:



This is a doggie sweater that I knit this weekend. It's for the UYR (United Yorkie Rescue Organization); they've sent me enough yarn for probably 100 or more sweaters for little dogs. I don't like this one at all; it's too frou-frou, but I guess that someone will want it. Check out the Yorkie Shoppe page; that's where the sweaters will end up. All money goes to the UYR to vet and house Yorkies and Yorkie-wannabes and find them wonderful forever homes.

Zippy did not like the sweater; he's a little embarrassed to be seen in such a poufy sweater.



Chester was embarrassed, too, but then, he's a cat, what does he know about doggie fashion?



I'm also knitting a scarf using some of Claudia's fingering yarn, Peony, I think, but I couldn't get a decent photo of it. Later I'll link to the pattern (and blog) that I got it from. Funny blog, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zippy and Chester are so cute in their sweaters, even if they are embarrassed to be seen in them! Some little Yorkie will be lucky to get the new sweater. I love the color.

I miss Zippy.

Posted by Betty, known as Anonymous to Blogger

~Tonia~ said...

Love the animal sweaters. You need to go over to www.crazyauntpurl.com and enter her contest!

The socks look great.

rita said...

Hi, Betty! Any time you need a Zippy fix, just say the word.

It's a really pretty color, but come on, that puffiness? Pretty silly. And I bet that whoever buys it will have a male Yorkie. Poor thing.

Is it bedtime yet?

rita said...

Tonia, I can't get into crazyauntpurl's website from school. For some reason it's blocked. I'm sure she's got such racy content.....

If I remember when I get home, I'll check it out!

I'm going to brag about you in my next post. Hope you don't mind!