Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Floridays

Sorry to be so slow about updating. After working 4 days with Claudia, I flew to Orlando to visit my daughter and her family. We got into Orlando after dark, and fireworks were visible all over Orlando as we landed. Gorgeous.

I spent ten days playing with A and B2, and it was a ball. It's always so difficult to leave them.

Tom came down on Saturday morning, and we spent my birthday touring Sanibel, Captiva, and surrounding islands by boat. Rogan White was our guide; he's a son of Randy Wayne White, one of my favorite authors. We spent almost 8 hours going from island to island, shelling, ate lunch at Cabbage Key (which is supposedly where Jimmy Buffett wrote "Cheeseburge in Paradise" about, but you couldn't prove it by me. ) The food was edible, but that's it.

The day was very nice, though. Once I sort through my photos I'll put some up.

Now we're heading for Key West tomorrow with Tom's daughter. Ft. Lauderdale tonight, which is so gorgeous. I love nights in Florida. Days, too, for that matter.

Monday, back to work at school, then Tuesday, back to Claudia's.

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. Hope that your travels are safe.

rita said...

Thank you, Tonia! We got home this afternoon. I miss Florida! At least I finally got some sun color. It felt so good to be in the sun after working so much!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Your trip sounds like fun and I'm glad you got to the Keys.

Our AC weekend is all planned....we'll have fun!

Zippy got a haircut...you won't recognize him! He's been a good boy.

See you soon. Betty