Thursday, January 18, 2007

Things we do to for our dogs

I just received these photos of two Yorkies wearing sweaters that I'd knit for the Yorkie Shoppe.











I've knit over 20 sweaters so far and have another 4 almost ready to go. I took a break over Christmas to finish these knee socks for two little girls:





While we were in Florida, Zippy stayed with my sister and her dog, Kipper. Kip's an old man who doesn't like these young whippersnappers playing in his yard, but as long as it was just Zippy, he was resigned but okay with it. Add in another young dog and Kipper just barks curses at them nonstop.





Chester was really glad to see Zippy when he finally came home.





I'll leave you with these photos of how well our cats get along together:






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hot pink sweater is terrific! Well, they're all terrific, of course...that one just really appeals to me.

rita said...

Yeah, the hot pink is quite....pink.;) I made it for the woman who sends me yarn; she has a tiny Yorkie and she loves hot pink, but the sweater was too big for the little one.

Seems like the flashier they are, the more these women like them!

How's your pup? Is he staying warm? Does he need another sweater, maybe wool this time?

rita said...

I'm so glad that I don't have to make sweaters for 90-pound dogs!

Tiny dogs can pull it off, even the most outrageous things. Although once Jennifer dressed Jackson (the German Shepherd) in a dress shirt, tie, hat, and sunglasses.

He looked really hip.

rita said...

You know, you could probably sue her for that. Has the statute of limitations run out?