Friday, January 19, 2007

Celebrate

I don't have anything in particular to write about today, I just have some photos I want to share. Lucky you.

I was back in Orlando Jan. 4-7 for A's birthday. We'd just gotten home from Florida two days before, but I was able to get incredibly cheap airfare and flew back down for three whole days. On Sunday we went to Celebration, Disney's planned community. Want to live there? TOWNHOUSES start around $400,000.

There's a cool fountain where children can play, so we took the kids there. It was so much fun to watch them running in and out of the water.

The first photos are of a loon that was in the lake; it cruised around with only its head and a little bit of neck sticking out of the water, then it came ashore and stood still for at least 10 minutes while its wings dried. Then, of course, it jumped back into the lake.

















Then the kids played in the fountain. It was a balmy day, and although I would have been cold in the water, they weren't.





Notice the couple on the Segways. Only in Disney territory would this be an alternative mode of transportation.





And, of course, there were little boys who....... enjoyed the fountain a little too much.


On the way back to the car, we smelled burning rope. Why on earth would anyone in a Disney community be burning rope on a Sunday afternoon?

Oh. It was this guy and his wife, both gray-haired and wearing Harley leathers. They quickly got on their bike and left. (Not the family in the foreground; that older man in the left background.)



Smoking dope in Celebration. WWWDD?


2 comments:

rita said...

I was completely astounded when I went to the website and saw the NO SCHOOL message! So astounded that I went right back to sleep. Nice gift!

I heard that Orlando had flurries at Thanksgiving. I'm glad I wasn't there then.

The kids really enjoyed the fountain. At least something is free in Orlando!

rita said...

I just heard a few minutes ago that the closing was called Sunday night, which is totally unheard of unless we have 3 feet of snow with predictions of 3 more. For once the guy did the right thing.

It'll never happen again.

And I bet that we'll have to go on Feb. 19, which was supposed to be a holiday. Ha!