Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Family and stuff

We spent Thanksgiving with Tom's family in Rehoboth Beach. Lots of fun, good food, good company. Throw in a beach and it's all there.

Tom and his brothers and sister:



It was our first anniversary the day after Thanksgiving. Tom's youngest brother passed around a card for everyone to sign. Including us. He said, "Sign this; it's for Matt's graduation." Neither of us noticed. They had a good hearty chuckle at that.



We went out Friday afternoon (our anniversary) and looked at rings. Last year we decided to get married on Thanksgiving--6 days before the day. There was no time to find a ring; I was going to borrow one, but my sister, Joan, bought one and I wore it for a year. We found this one, which I love.



I couldn't get a nice, clear photo of it, try though I might. And I did. Try.

If you squint your eyes just right, you might be able to see the detail in the center of the band. It looks just like a knit or crochet stitch. I didn't realize that till later that day, but it's so appropriate.

I gave a pair of socks to Tom's little nephew, Ryder, who is almost a year old.



And of course, we had to go by the beach. It wasn't hideously cold that day, just very windy after really hard winds and rain on Wednesday and a good bit of Thursday.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, rita. I'll always remember your anniversary from now on as it's my birthday.

Happy Belated Annniversary!

The ring looks somewhat like Jackie's, by the way.

And I loved those socks too.

rita said...

If we're going to live near a beach, it has to be a warm one. I'd prefer on the Gulf of Mexico, but I won't be too picky. Beach. Warm. Twenty-five more days until we hit Florida! Want to blow off Christmas with your family and come along with us? You'd be home for New Year's Eve!

Jeff, I remembered it was your birthday last year. Happy Belated Birthday to you! I do love those red socks. They're such a gorgeous color, and if I'm going to live where it gets cold, I need happy socks. Need a pair of nice, warm, wool socks, Jeff?