Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cysterhood

Betty and I have lots of things in common, being sisters who were born only 15 months apart. Besides the good stuff, we both went on a really low-fat diet in our middle thirties and lost our gallbladders as a result. We both have chronic coughs. This past week we've shared a respiratory virus. And we both have cysts on our heads.

They start out really small, but eventually they grow and become annoying, as well as really unpleasant to look at. Betty's had two removed and one that will soon need to be removed. I had one that grew recently right on one of my cowlicks on top of my head. I decided to have it removed before heading to life in South Florida.

The doctor injected lidocaine and epinephrine (to constrict the blood vessels) and went to work. It took less than half an hour from start to finish, didn't hurt a bit (and a xanax beforehand helped me to relax), and I ended up with an incision that is pretty much invisible. The stitches are the same color as my hair, and it hasn't bled. And it has a bit of an unexpected bonus----

My face feels a bit tighter, especially around the eyes.

I guess mine was in just the right place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Idjit front, he called again last evening and offered $6000 less than he knows we'll accept. Stoopid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty said....

I'm glad that the surgery went okay, and the mini-eyelift effect is a nice bonus!

As for that man who is playing with buying your house....ppfffttttt!

rita said...

It's odd that it doesn't hurt. My head feels a little puffy, but it's more uncomfortable than anything else. Win!