Monday, March 30, 2009

Unmotivated Monday

What is so freaking exhausting about Mondays? I slept well this weekend, and lots of it. Here I am dragging.

Tom and I watched Twilight on Saturday. He wasn't impressed; it was too slow and there was no story to it. I watched the first half through his eyes (and I totally understand his point of view; if I weren't female and drawn to this type of story in the first place, I wouldn't have cared about it), but he fell asleep about halfway through and I got drawn (you might say sucked) into the movie. Loved it. I want to watch it again and again and again...... God help me.

I've been haunting etsy.com, looking at Twilight-related merchandise. Go over there and enter twilight into the search (search all) and marvel--and snicker--at all the unbelievable crap stuff they have. Some things are totally unique (jewelry and yarn, stickers, etc) and some are just odd.

I found some yarn. Check christinamariepotter and see her yarn. Eventually I'll link it here, but I have to go work in Power Hour now. Anyway, Friday afternoon I ordered some Twilight worsted for a hat and neckwarmer and fingering for socks, all red, black, and white. Then, from another etsy artist, I ordered some All That Glitters sock yarn (with 2% silver!) for socks or a shawl. She didn't have it in the colors I wanted, so I asked her if she'd be open to a special order of blood and black. Edward sparkles, you know. And she's making some specially for me! Check out yarnlust at etsy. She also has some cashmere sock yarn.......

Gotta run!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty said...

Uh oh....Blood and Black??? Is it time for an intervention??? :)

rita said...

I'm afraid so. I'm pretty much totally gone.

Kara and I need to have a good old Twilight-watching evening soon!

Quick, what else can I obsess about instead???

Anonymous said...

Betty said...

Hmmmm, let's see, how about obsessing about finding a really cheap flight to somewhere on the coast of Florida for a sisters' week sometime this summer....that should keep you busy for a while and the results could be a lot of fun.

And, I'm sure Kara would be happy to watch Twilight with you again!

rita said...

Unfortunately I can't access Airtran at school any more. We're out of luck. Because I'm too busy at home looking for Twilight stuff. I found some fan fiction; interested?

Actually, I'd love to do a Sisters' Week in Florida, but I'd be so close to A and B2, and no kids are allowed on our outings. What to do????????

rita said...

If you're interested in going to Sanibel (warm water, tiny waves, lots of shells, white sand, fewer people) there are usually decent flights to Ft. Myers, but Sanibel is not a cheap place to stay.

Georgi said...

okay, I have watched the movie until I am sick of it. I will be finishing the last book tonight. I am so tired of reading my eyes feel like they are bleeding. but the books are good (except for the 2nd one which was boring). I am glad you talked me into reading them. :-)

rita said...

I thought that New Moon was awfully slow and boring too. Yes, Bella was heartbroken. But come on, kid, you're not the first and you're not the last, so suck it up and get on with your life. He's a freaking VAMPIRE, for God's sake! Just how do you plan to juggle a family that includes both humans and vampires??? Oh, and don't forget the werewolves.

That said, I'm rereading New Moon and I think it's much better the second time around, probably because I've seen the movie and can now imagine the next one.

Anonymous said...

Betty said...

Well, if we ever get to go to Florida on a sisters' week, I think it would be okay for you to see your grandchildren...I wouldn't mind seeing them myself!