Monday, December 15, 2008

So much for that.

I gave up. After only one round, I could tell that the mitt was going to be waaayyyy to big for petite Bev. So I frogged that one, too.

A big part of the problem is that I'm trying to use Knitpicks Gloss in black. Black. I cannot see the stitches when I'm unknitting, and one tiny mistake just ruins the pattern. I wanted to use a lighter, neutral color, but I don't have any sock yarn that is light enough, or neutral enough.

So much for mitts for Bev. I quit.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Okay, so right now you aren't knitting them. Maybe you'll want to in a few years. NO SHAMING oneself for such a valiant goal! Im proud to know ya!

Knitting Nurd said...

Yeah, not the easiest task! At least you had good intentions, which in my books, counts for something!

rita said...

Problem is, I have way too many good intentions! But thanks for the backup!

Jenny Girl said...

Oh don't give up! Try different yarn or something

rita said...

I don't have the right sock yarn, just black, and I can't see it well enough to keep track of the pattern. I have only one hank of caramel Gloss; I don't think that's enough. That's what I was going to use, but I was worried that I'd run out.

I'll try again later!