Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Stupids continue

What is it with my brain? Why can't I take a simple knit and purl pattern and just knit it, dammit?

There's nothing difficult about this thing. Nothing. N o t h i n g. So why can't I just get on with it?

True to form, I'm unknitting more than I actually knit. Claudia's gonna rip this baby out of my hands and forbid me to ever touch her yarn again. Yes, it's that bad. I should have finished it a week ago, but I'm still struggling with it.

If I tell you a secret, will you keep it? Promise? I discovered what I consider to be a pretty major flaw in my knitting last night, but I did not rip it out. Nope, I just struggled with my ocd-ness and let it go. Just breathe through it. Don't go back. Okay, it's probably not that big a deal, but I'm hoping that Claudia won't notice it. I think that I knit a few too many rows of double short rows, but it's symmetrical, so it should be okay. At least, that's what I tell myself.

You can't tell that I'm postponing picking that knitting back up, can you?

2 comments:

Debbie T said...

Ummmm...maybe cuz you're trying too hard? Dunno. I have this one chemo cap pattern that kicks my butt everytime I try it, but I'm determined to GET it!! Working on it now, but I have to have something to work on in between the times I pick it up during the day or I'll make myself even crazier. :=)

rita said...

I did get a lot done last night, so maybe there's hope yet!