Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm in!

Ravelry.

I've read a lot about it in the last few months and signed up for an invitation sometime in May or June. Today I went to their page for antsy hopefuls, put in my info, and it said that my invitation had been sent July 27. But, as happens to so much email that I want, the spam filter took it out. (It's my work address, and I can't do anything about the filter.)

It told me to sign up again and they'd send another invitation immediately. So I did, twice, and nothing came through. I emailed the owners, and within half an hour they sent me an email with the url and I was in.

Ravelry is....... I'm not sure. It's everything for knitters and crocheters. You can list your yarn stash, books, patterns, needles, add photos of your finished items, use their forum, and I'm pretty sure that I'm just scratching the surface. I know that this sounds horribly boring to non-knitters (ARE there non-knitters? Oh, yeah.), but it sounds fascinating to me.

Time-consuming, too, which is why I'll probably never get my stuff on there.


Update: Now it's blocked here at work. Crap.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Yay you are on. It sure does take a ton of time. I think it will be great for new knitters that don't have a ton of stash yet. It would take me forever to photograph and label all my yarns.

rita said...

I'm not sure I'll ever add anything. It would take too long to pull out all of my yarn, dig through it, play with it, go looking for a pattern for that ball of silk that I forgot I had, etc.etc. But, I'M IN!