Thursday, May 31, 2007

Citrus update

Did I say this before? I just looked and I don't remember.

I went to one of my LYS last week and asked my friend (who was a kindergarten teacher when my kids were in school, and my oldest grandson was in her last class before she retired) (God am I old) what she thought of the Citrus situation. Her opinion is that as it grows and is weighted down, it'll be narrower and might even fit. So I've continued working on it, after speed-knitting a pair of Happy Socks for Tom's 8-year-old niece (one week for a pair of knee socks). We visited them on Sunday and they would have been completed, except I'd forgotten a crucial bit of turning the heel, so I had to rip out several hours' worth of work. Erin tried the first sock on, it fit, so I finished the second one on the way home. Now I need to remember to mail them to her.





This was Mommy deer on Saturday. She was really wide. We think she's had her baby/ies; we haven't seen her since then, although we did see a big, skinny deer in the back field at 1 on Monday afternoon, and they don't usually feed at that time of day.







This is the barn on the farm that Tom's grandfather owned many years ago. We stopped there on the way up to Pennsylvania on Sunday.





This is an exchange student from Japan. She's been here since last June and will be going home in 3 weeks. She came in for knitting lessons and has been checking in with me all year. She's a real sweetheart.

*cough cough* I'm going home.

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

I am excited to see the Cirtus again.

Oh I hope you get to see the momma deer's babies. They are way cute. The barn is so pretty. I love old barns.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, hon!

Oooh, and blog some baby deer pics when you can.

Kaf

rita said...

Tonia, I've been working on Citrus this week and I'm up to the third row of scallops. It still looks big, but maybe it'll fit.

Last year Mommy brought the twins to the house in August. I think that if you go to the very first posts I made, you'll find some photos there. I hope we'll see them sooner this year. Still no Mommy, but the other deer are still coming up to be fed.

Kaf, thank you!!! I hate being sick when the weather is nice. Well, any time, but now it's so gorgeous out.....