Monday, March 12, 2007

Just have to get this off my chest feet

Okay, that's really dumb, but that's all I can come up with. It's difficult to be witty when Sleep Deprivement Time rolls around.




My favorite shoes along with my favorite knit-by-me socks.



Note to neo, if you're reading this:

Your socks are almost done. I'm not happy with the way the colors have striped; I thought it would be more like the photo of the heel. I wrote to the company who sells it (www.knitpicks.com) and got a snooty answer: This is handpainted yarn, not sold as self-striping, blah blah blah. However, on one of their patterns that I bought at about the same time, it calls this same yarn "self-striping".

HA.

7 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Cute shoes.

I kind of like the different striping in the sock and heel. Still they shouldn't have been snooty with you. Gee, what is wrong with companies these days?

rita said...

Just because the yarn is inexpensive doesn't mean they shouldn't have good customer service! From now on I'll buy $18 yarn rather than $6.

I don't mind at all that the striping is different in the two places, I just don't like the way the stripes came out on the leg, light dark light dark, instead of rows of one color, then another. I had two other colors for socks, but I won't use them for that, I'll do something else with them.

rita said...

P.S. I love these shoes!!! Sooo comfortable. www.altrec.com

Anonymous said...

Well, I LOVE the socks! They may not have been what you had in mind, but I think they are COOL. *grins broadly*

Trillian said...

i just finished kitting a pair with paton's kroy self stripping yarn "Country Jacquard", they turned out pretty good. i think it was arround $6

rita said...

Excellent, trillian! Much better than my first attempt. I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but I can't remember my password. Which means I can't leave this one, either.

rita

Can't remember my user name or password, so I'm locked out.

rita said...

Huh. How about that. It didn't work the first 20 times I tried.

I'm glad you like the socks, neo. Email me and I'll send them when I finish them. We can be glad that B2 didn't vomit (projectile-type--incuding through his nose, which I've never seen before) on them, like he did on the top I'm knitting his big sister!!!