Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Christmas Panic has begun

This year I decided to be nice to myself and not try to knit a bunch of Christmas presents. I'm limiting myself to one or two (which I haven't even started yet. Of course.) Every year along about September, I think that I have plenty of time to knit presents for almost everyone. Reality has set in and I now realize that I can't do it without staying up all night every night and knitting while I work.

So, here it is, almost December, and I have so many things that aren't gifts that I promised to make. Knee socks for two little girls. Socks for a blog friend. Socks for Tom's little niece. A gazillion doggie sweaters that need to be in the Yorkie Shoppe right now for Christmas presents.

Okay, I tell myself, this is manageable. Knitting is relaxing for me. Knitting is Xanax. It's meditation in motion. The only things that have to be done in the very near future are the doggie sweaters. I can make one per evening. I can do this.

So why am I feeling pressured?

P. S. Nancy--remember that cat bed that I knit for you two years ago and haven't felted yet? I'll get it done soon. I promise.

After Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some place to write to tell you to get better, so I'm coming here. But I know you won't read this until AFTER you are well. Still, I'm thinking about you - A LOT. And praying for you to get well SOON.

{{{{{rita}}}}}

rita said...

Thank you, neo. I really appreciate it. I've been putting off even checking in here because I'm so far behind.

But I'm glad I did!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, my friend! I know you will find good health and good fortune in the new year.

rita said...

Thank you, Peri, and the same to you!