Friday, September 22, 2006

Dinner in Bonn

How cool. How often can I say "dinner in Bonn"? (Not often enough, in my opinion.)
We were hungry by the time we got back to Bonn.


(Bonn train/metro station exit)

Tom had been looking forward to a good German meal; he lived in Germany (Berlin) for a couple of years as a teenager. We walked through the area surrounding the train station, and found a likely-looking place to eat. While Tom waited for the food, I walked around the pedestrian plaza. At the end was a huge old church with this fountain in front.







The meal was delicious. I can't remember what Tom ordered, but mine was so pretty that I took a picture of it. It was a baked Brie sandwich.

After lunch we walked back to the train station, which opened into the pedestrian area. There were market stalls, including one with so many gorgeous flowers.

The prices were reasonable. If only I'd bought those collapsible flower vases in the TravelSmith catalog.

On the way back to the station, I saw dogs.
This will be a recurring theme. Whenever I see dogs, I have to take photos of them. There will be many. Sorry, but it's in my contract. Feel free to skip ahead.



By this time we'd been on the go for eight hours and were suffering from jet lag. We headed back to Frankfurt to catch the night train to Paris.

P. S. The beer was tasty, too.

2 comments:

rita said...

Well, would you like the full show?! Let's get Nancy and have a full weekend of photos! I bet it would take 15 or 20 hours.

Nah. She wouldn't fall for it. I'll have to make a cd with the most important pictures. It should only be an hour long.

rita said...

I'd give her less than five minutes. She wouldn't sit still that long last year when I was showing her the photos from Mexico.